If you run a business, the cleanliness of your building is a reflection of your company. As your business grows and your needs change, hiring a commercial cleaning company to keep your building looking its best is the way to go.
So, what should you consider when choosing a professional cleaning service?
Our janitorial cleaners in the Bay Area break down the top five things to look for in a commercial cleaning company here.
5 Things to Look For in a Commercial Cleaning Company
1. Level of Experience and Training
A company with years of experience is important, but not as much as one that pours into its employee training.
Continuous training means employees are up-to-date on the latest cleaning techniques and safety protocols. It also encourages greater accountability and minimizes the risk of an accident or injury to your staff.
At Unified Janitorial Services, our staff is thoroughly vetted and trained when they join our team. Our 25 years of experience has given us extensive knowledge on educating our staff so they can best care for your janitorial needs!
2. Safety and Industry Standards
Before you hire professional cleaners, make sure they’re fully bonded and insured.
When a company is bonded, that means you’re protected if something bad happens. For example, if an item is damaged or someone gets hurt on the job, the bond provider will pay for the reimbursement.
You should check to see that you’re employing a legitimate company while also verifying their business license.
Unified Janitorial Services maintains liability insurance to protect the well-being of our clients. We also always do our part to comply with all federal and state labor laws and insurance requirements.
3. Types of Services and Programs
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to commercial cleaning. So, one of the first things you’ll want to check is if a company offers the services you need. For instance, some companies specialize in professional carpet cleaning, while others provide a variety of janitorial services.
Our team at Unified Janitorial Services understands that commercial businesses have different cleaning requirements, like high-traffic areas. While not all companies are created equal, we can provide your building with the attention it requires – whether that’s routine bathroom sanitation services or commercial window cleaning!
4. Types of Facilities Served
Once you know what services are offered, find out what type of facilities they serve. Depending on the nature of your business, you may need particular services that others might not.
Additionally, a run-of-the-mill office building may be able to go weeks between deep cleanings, whereas medical facilities have sanitation protocols that require daily cleaning. For that reason, it’s best to ask what a cleaning company is capable of before hiring them.
No matter what industry you’re in, your commercial cleaning company should be committed to promoting a healthy working environment for everyone inside!
5. Flexibility and Scheduling Availability
A reliable commercial cleaning company will work around your schedule. Plus, you’ll be able to adjust the frequency of your janitorial services based on your business’s needs.
At Unified Janitorial Services, we offer daily, weekly, or monthly cleaning, as well as 24/7 availability, making it easy for our team to clean after your staff has left for the day.
Our specialized cleaning programs ensure all of your building’s common areas and meeting rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Commercial Cleaning Company?
Between using the latest cleaning techniques and having attention to detail, some of the top benefits of hiring a commercial cleaning company include
- Impress customers - If you have a customer-facing business, cleanliness should be a priority! Whether you’re touring clients or new business hires, your building’s appearance says a lot about your company. Commercial cleaners will make sure your workplace reflects well on customers and employees.
- Maintain your building - Inconsistent cleaning schedules can cause your building to look worn down in no time. Not only do routine janitorial services keep your space looking its best, but they can also prolong the life of your office furniture.
- Boost employee productivity - A clean workplace can improve employee focus, increasing their output. Neat, orderly spaces can also boost satisfaction, resulting in less employee turnover. Commercial cleaning sets employees up for success!
- Save money on cleaning - Opting to clean your building yourself means buying cleaning products and equipment, which slowly adds up overtime. A commercial cleaning company will bring everything they need, so you don’t have to worry about having the supplies.
Commercial Cleaning Services in the Bay Area
For over 25 years, Unified Janitorial Services has delivered professional janitorial services to the Bay Area!