Schools big and small see a lot of activity in the run of a day. With the constant flow of students and teachers walking from room to room, schools can easily become worn down and beat up. Luckily, with school cleaning services, your school can stand out for all the right reasons.
Our expert cleaners in the Bay Area break down what you can expect from school janitorial services in this guide.
What Are School Cleaning Services?
School cleaning services are designed to keep your school sanitary for the health of everyone inside – from students to teachers and faculty!
At Unified Janitorial Services, we understand that different schools or campuses have distinct cleaning needs. That’s why we’re prepared to custom-tailor a cleaning program to your educational facility.
Choose Your Schedule
Commercial cleaners, like Unified Janitorial Services, offer flexible hours. So, if cleaning during the school day doesn’t work for your facility, we can adjust our school cleaning services based on your particular needs.
Unified Janitorial Services provides daily and nightly cleaning services as well as 24/7 availability, making it easy for us to come clean after students and teachers have left for the day.
Select Your Frequency
The frequency of school cleaning services depends on the amount of traffic on your campus and the cleaning services you need. For instance, school bathrooms may require daily cleaning, whereas faculty offices might only need a deep cleaning once every week.
We offer daily, weekly, or monthly routine cleaning and can partner with you to provide cleaning services throughout the school year.
What Do School Cleaning Services Include?
Professional janitorial services for schools include wiping down student desks and removing trash throughout the building. Our cleaners also take extra care to ensure your school’s bathrooms are clean and sanitized.
Unified Janitorial Services prides itself on our full-service approach to school cleaning services. We’ll scrub, sterilize, and everything in between!
Our school janitorial services can be customized to include
- Bathroom cleaning - Our bathroom deep cleaning services include wiping down sinks and countertops, disinfecting high touchpoints, and refilling dispensers. All bathroom trash cans will be emptied and replaced with a new liner.
- Dusting - School equipment and furniture, such as desks, cabinets, and tops of shelves are thoroughly dusted.
- Window cleaning - Not only do we provide your standard, routine janitorial services, but we can also clean your windows. (Unified Janitorial Services will not accept individual window cleaning jobs – commercial window cleaning is reserved for our regular clients.)
- COVID-19 disinfection - As part of our disinfection services, we’ll sanitize all high-touch surfaces, from doorknobs to countertops and student desks. We follow the Center for Disease Control’s recommendations to clean all types of educational facilities, whether it’s a school building or campus.
- Vacuuming - All carpeted floors are vacuumed, including classrooms and faculty offices.
- Sweeping & mopping - School floors and entryways are swept before being mopped with a disinfecting solution. We have plenty of cleaning supplies, including eco-friendly options, all of which are safe for you and your students.
- Carpet cleaning - Carpets are scrubbed using hot water extraction, carpet shampooing, and dry-cleaning methods. (Carpet cleaning services are reserved for our regular clients — we will not accept individual carpet cleaning jobs.)
- Marble & stone floor cleaning - Our cleaners use specialized equipment to ensure all entrances, hallways, locker rooms, and cafeterias are spotless! If needed, we can also clean, polish, and restore your school’s floors, so they’re student and teacher ready!
What Are the Benefits of School Cleaning Services?
Keeping your school clean can be a challenge, which is why it’s a great idea to outsource your school cleaning needs! No matter the size of your school, you can count on Unified Janitorial Services to keep your facility in pristine condition.
There are several benefits to hiring a commercial cleaning company to maintain your school’s cleanliness, including
- Enhanced learning environment - Studies show that a dirty learning environment can hurt student performance. Students typically have higher grades and better graduation rates in regularly cleaned facilities.
- Reduces the spread of germs - Maintaining cleanliness in your school can help reduce student absences and teacher sick days. School cleaning services ensure all areas of the building are regularly cleaned – keeping students and faculty healthy!
- Builds healthy habits in students - A school’s sanitation can make a difference in how students feel about their campus. Clean classrooms, hallways, and cafeterias reflect your school’s values and promote a better learning atmosphere.
How Often Should Schools Be Professionally Cleaned?
School buildings should be cleaned at least every day or every other day.
Taking into account the constant traffic of students moving through the halls, it’s not hard to imagine why schools are breeding grounds for germs and bacteria. Having your school’s most congested areas routinely cleaned is important to maintaining a safe, productive learning atmosphere.
How Often to Clean Desks and Workstations
Student desks and workstations are ground zero for bacteria. Certain high-touch objects like light switches and doorknobs should be disinfected every day to stop the spread of germs.
Desks and workstations should be sanitized at least every other day to reduce student illness.
How Often to Clean School Floors
How often carpets should be professionally cleaned largely depends on the amount of foot traffic in your school. Most educational facilities have their carpets deep cleaned every three to six months. However, high-traffic areas may need frequent floor cleaning.
- Medium-traffic areas - School gymnasiums, faculty areas, and offices should be cleaned every few weeks.
- High-traffic areas - Areas prone to collecting debris, including school entranceways, cafeterias, hallways, and bathrooms should be mopped or vacuumed as often as once a week.
At Unified Janitorial Services, we bring everything we need to ensure a sparkling clean, so you won’t have to worry about storing or providing us with cleaning supplies. We’ll show up at your school whenever you want, as often as you want!
How Much Do School Cleaning Services Cost?
Generally speaking, the cost of school cleaning services depends on a few factors, such as
- Size of the school building
- Your specific cleaning requirements
- How often your school needs to be cleaned
While some commercial cleaners charge hourly, others use a flat rate. In this case, many companies will do a walkthrough to determine how many employees are needed to clean your school building.
In most schools, bathrooms and windows take longer to clean than hallways or faculty offices. Therefore, the more windows or high-traffic areas your school has, the higher the price tag may be.
School Cleaning Services in the Bay Area
No two schools are the same. Some school buildings contain large carpeted areas, while others have classroom desks that are touched by hundreds of people a day.
Every school has different cleaning needs, and we’re prepared to customize a cleaning program to your campus. Whether you require extensive vacuuming or regular floor buffing, Unified Janitorial Services can help!
With over 25 years of experience, we’re well-equipped to keep your school clean and tidy!